Negative SEO, also known as Google Bowling, is a tactic used by a competitor to climb higher in search engine ranks.
Google is always updating its engine to punish websites that try to manipulate it. If a competitor attempts to make you look bad, it can have a devastating effect on your organic performance.
As per Top Indian SEO experts It can be hard to detect and respond to an attack if your website is not being monitored.Often, your website’s look and feel will not change. You may not notice the changes until your traffic has plummeted.
How can you detect negative SEO?
Negative SEO (search engine optimization) can be defined in many different ways. It could be a competitor trying to infuse harmful links onto your site, or to steal links that are already performing well. Negative SEO may include brand impersonation, content theft and other similar issues. These tools can help you identify negative SEO cases that could impact your brand’s reputation.
- Google Webmasters – Google Webmasters can be used to detect Negative SEO. It breaks down the content of your website in five parts.
- Monitor Backlinks – Monitor Backlinks is an SEO tool that digital marketers and entrepreneurs use online to identify backlinks.
- Cognitive SEO- Cognitive SEO is a tool that can identify and remove negative backlinks from websites. This could damage your site’s search reputation.
- Google Alerts – Google Alerts keeps you informed about specific events that could help you to keep your content original. After you’ve entered your search terms, you will be presented with the results immediately. You can also request that they be sent to your email as soon as they appear.
- Open Link Profiler – SEO Profiler’s Open Link Profiler is a free tool that analyzes the site’s hyperlinks. Click on Link Disinfection to see which links may be dangerous.
- SEMrush- SEMrush, a popular marketing tool, can be used to remove harmful links from your website and send them Google disavow.
- Moz-Link Explorer by Moz allows you to quickly determine the domain’s overall spam score. It also allows you to see inbound links along with their spam score, so that it is easy to determine which backlinks should be avoided.
- Ahrefs – Without ahrefs, this list wouldn’t be complete. This premium tool allows you to monitor and analyze your competitors, as well as research them.
How to Deflect Negative SEO?
External bodies can use many different avenues to negatively affect your organic performance. To ensure you are protected and can quickly detect problems, here are the basics:
- Conduct regular backlink profile audits
- Check your website regularly for malware and injected code.
- You can set up email alerts to be notified when your site is down
- You must ensure that all users of your website and tools have permission to access it.
- Regular security health checks