Times are changing faster than ever, and businesses are in the middle of this change wondering how to make the most of this fast pace! Custom-made products are the solution if you too are looking at creating a unique brand for yourself. When you give your customers some room to make a product their own, just the way they want it, they naturally get more inclined towards buying it. After all, everyone likes a “personal” touch in everything they cherish! It is for this reason we say that about anything can be customized. From Custom Pens to Personalized footballs and Plastic cups, even keyholders, sunglasses and Personalized easter eggs, one can build an effective promotions campaign to further increase brand awareness.
Perhaps why, a lot of startups that excel in custom-made products and personalizing have set shop to leverage this customization trend. Over the period of 2010-2020, businesses have geared up to establish personalised goodies and have started marketing them extensively across the world. Customer input and market feedback have further provided statistics that show that businesses can attract 32% more customers through personalised goodies.
It is important you get your custom-made products from an expert’s hands. Not only do they take care of the customizing bit, but they also ensure that the customization does not defeat the purpose of your product. For instance, if you go over-board with the logo and tagline placement on a hat that you have made for your clients, they may not even wear it once. Thus, defeating the very purpose of that customized hat. To ensure that your custom-made products make the impact you need, you need to consult professionals. To get started, visit website!
However, once your custom-made products are ready, it’s time to market them right. Some famous personalised item marketing techniques used by giant companies are as follows:
- We call it the “Starbucks technique”. We have all joked about how Starbucks never gets a name right. The internet is full of Starbucks cups with thousands of customers’ names spelled wrong. However, what if this was exactly what the coffee giant wanted? Now, by no means, are we suggesting that you misspell your own brand or that you do not deliver on the details your customer has requested.
That may simply count as “stupid”. However, what Starbucks achieves here are attention and a little light-hearted humour! Now, depending on what your product is, we assume there is always some room for a little giggle or personalized bone-tickling. You should find that room and make the most of it.
- Since we have just illustrated how Starbucks made the most of social media, it would be remiss to not use the power of social media for your own cause too. If you introduce a customized product chain, the best way to tell people about it is to tell them directly.
Everyone is online, and you can see that as an opportunity considering every company in this age uses social media for brand promotions. Keep your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and everything you can think of in the online space, bustling with fresh and relatable content. The best part is this form of advertising is cheaper and faster too.
- Give out free samples, because this is an age-old tactic even the most modern-age expert marketers swear by. When you offer something for free, your prospects accept it as a kind gesture. Moreover, as they sample it, you may get open feedback on a new product and thus, it is an opportunity to improve it. And in case, the product is well-received, you would have yourself some new customers.
- Sell at multiple marketplaces. Most Custom-made products aim to get high sales from already populated platforms such as Etsy, Amazon, eBay, etc. However, given the number of profiles trying to do the same thing as you, your best bet is to diversify and include every platform you know. New and upcoming projects that aim to become a marketplace should also have a place in your list.
- Last but not least, make your own website and give your customers a purchase opportunity. It has been found that a company registers far more and higher profits when their customers can directly shop from them and know where to find all the products in a single place, instead of looking for them across different portals.
These are just a few tips that should help your custom-made products get the recognition they deserve. However, to know them all, you’ll have to stay tuned. We’ll be back!