NDA/NA exam is a Defense entrance exam that is the most sought after examination in the country by young aspirants who want to serve the nation. NDA/NA exam full form is National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
The recruitment for NDA exam and NA examination is conducted for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA & Indian Naval Academy Course -INAC.
The Union Public Service Commission is the conducting body of NDA exams. It holds the recruitment of NDA/NA exams twice a year once in April and thereafter in September. Aspirants who have completed their class 12th can appear for this examination.
Witnessing the reputation and the lucrative pay scale offered in the NDA exam the number of applicants for the Naval Academy exam has increased over the past few years. Thus increasing the competition. Those who aspire to write the National defence Academy exam must start their preparation well in time in order to ace the examination.
The article collates a few workable tips for NDA exam preparation that will definitely prove worthy and help candidates come out with Flying colours in NDA examination. Candidates willing to know in detail about the NDA exam can go through the linked page.
#9 Tips to Ace the NDA Exam
For the reference of candidates and to help them perform exceptionally well in the upcoming National Defence Academy or Naval Academy exams, given below are the key tips that may help candidates to do preparation for the exam even better:
- Carefully go through the Syllabus – The official notification for the NDA exam mentions the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for that particular year. Candidates must make sure they go through the entire syllabus and prepare each and every topic equally well to excel in the examination. Knowing the syllabus and paper pattern well will help candidates lead the preparation in the right direction.
- Prepare a Strategic Study Plan – Once the syllabus and examination pattern is well understood candidates must devise a preparation plan. It is essential that an aspirant makes a proper time table and diligently follows the plan to prepare for the examination. They need to ensure that an equal amount of time is being spent in the preparation of each section and no important topic is left for the last minute preparation.
- Use the best Books and Study material – Refer to the best books for preparation of NDA examination which shall provide detailed solutions and cover all the topics that are a part of the examination. Remember, do not refer to too many books for the preparation of a particular subject or topic. This will only lead to confusion. To prepare for the current affairs section, candidates are suggested to read the newspaper daily and stay updated with the latest news across the world.
- Work to improve speed and accuracy – Since the competition is tough it is imperative for students to solve more number of questions in less time with more accuracy. This is possible only if candidates take regular quizzes that are time bound. A lot of free online quizzes are available for exam preparation. Also, candidates should try to learn short cut ways to solve questions quickly.
- Mock Tests are best for performance evaluation – Solving the mock tests is the best way for a candidate to understand the type of questions asked in the exam and the important topics from each section. Mock tests will help candidates analyse which subjects are their strengths and which ones are their weakness and require more practise and hard work to be put in. Learn from the mistakes made and allot more time for their preparation and gain accuracy.
- Solving Sample Papers/ Previous Year Question Papers – The best way to understand the standard of examination, analyse the exam pattern and to apprehend the preparation is by solving the Previous year question papers or sample papers. Question papers will help candidates understand which topics are more important with respect to the examination and which ones are of lesser importance. Candidates must know that they have to obtain the minimum cut off marks in order to qualify the examination. Candidates should go through the previous year cut off trends which will help them in strategising their preparation.
- Time Management – The National Defence Academy or Naval Academy is an online examination that is all about time management. More number of questions answered correctly in the stipulated time, more is the probability of being shortlisted. This can only be done if a candidate practises more often and gradually spends less time in solving each question.
- Revision and Practice – With enough practice, candidates will be able to strategize how they have to take the exam, the type of question they will answer first and what will be dealt with later. With regular revision candidates will be comfortable with different types of questions. While practising spend quality time on identifying weaker areas and assessing the question types. This will help to ingrain the thing in memory for longer. It will also boost candidates confidence and will help in the actual exam. But, this does not mean that candidates have to work like a mule.
- Don’t be anxious – Panicking at any stage of examination may only result in loss of time and energy. The key to prepare for any examination requires a candidate to have a peaceful mind and sufficient study material. Only then can the preparation be done systematically and efficiently.
It is important to understand that hard work is the key to success and putting in all the efforts will surely give good results.The tips mentioned-above shall help candidates prepare for the upcoming National Defence Academy or Naval Academy examination.
The Union Public Service Commission is to announce the NDA 1 2021 notification soon. Interested candidates can go through the NDA Notification for relevant Details.