I have fallen in love with grilled chicken from my fat loss days. I remembered eating grilled chicken 4 days a week. Don’t know where I would be without them. Even now I grill chicken all year and try in different recipes too.
Skinless grilled chicken is very beneficial for losing fat as they are low in calories and high in protein. As you may know proteins are good for building muscle and chickens are one of the main sources of protein. Having chicken breast without breading and skin helps you eat fewer calories and even burn extra calories which is effective for fat loss. Even to this day where I am at peak health, make some extra and save it for salads, burritos, pasta or other meals.
As we don’t have access to the outdoor grill all year around, I love to make the chicken on the stove-top. And, the recipe I’m going to share is quite easy. However, to make tender juicy grilled chicken, you will need a steak knife. To cook the recipe, a pan with ridges works best with it. However if your cast iron pan doesn’t have ridges, you can still grill the chicken on it too.
For seasoning, you can switch each time according to your need and you can find a lot of them on the internet. However for your convenience, I am going to share my favourite herb and seasoning mix. But, you don’t need to stick with this. Change how you like. You can also try to follow this recipe on a grill with some changes. Read the article, Z Grills vs Traeger to find which one is better suited for you.
Ingredients you need
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – 4 (each about 4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions to follow
- To cook this easy chicken recipe, first wash the chicken pieces and prick them with a fork.
- Now take a small bowl. And combine all the season ingredients and blend it well.
- Season the mixture all over the chicken pieces.
- Take your heavy duty grill pan and heat it at a high temperature for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and add oil all over the pan. Make sure the entire surface of the pan is coated with the oil.
- Now, add the chicken breasts to grill it for 5-6 minutes on one side. Don’t move it until the undersides develop dark grill marks.
- If you can see dark marks, now it’s time for the other side. Pan it also for the 5-6 minute until it shows dark burn marks.
- Now, turn off the heat and let the meat rest on the pan for at least 5 minute before serving it.
- If everything is fine, serve it with a sprinkle of lemon or lime.
Your chicken is ready. See, how easy it is! That’s why I love this so much. You don’t even need half an hour to cook it. And, if you are on a diet it’s so hard to cook for yourself alone. This recipe can save tons of time.