Before online horse race betting become popular people used to rely on offline betting, although online betting is easy and convenient, nothing compares to watching a live horse racing event.
In order to place offline bets, you need to visit horse race tracks where the racing takes place. There are many racecourses where every year the race takes place.
Horse racing is not just a sport. It is an entire event. It is like an outing. You can but tickets to the race and watch the horse race. If you want to try your luck, you can bet as well.
How to place offline bets:
If you are planning to go watch a horse race event, you need to learn how to bet without using your phone. It is quite easy to place offline bets.
- Type of Bet: The first thing you need to do is check the type of bets. As we have discussed before, there are many types of bets. You need to understand each type of bet and choose one. If you are new and not confident, go with simple straight bets. The chances of winning this bet are high.
- Check odds: After checking the type of bets, you need to check the odds. It plays a very important role in betting. There are different odds for different horses. You need to examine the odds carefully. Along with that, you need to check the betting limits as well. It will give you an idea about the minimum betting amount.
- Use Tips: No matter what type of betting event it is, tips play a very important role. Suppose you want some extra leverage to use the tips. You can get the tips from some of the tipsters. However, it is better to follow your own judgment and intuition.
- Find a Teller: Once you have decided the betting amount, type of bet and the horse, it is time to place your bet. In offline horse racing betting, you need to find a teller. There are human tellers as well as automatic teller machines. If there are too much crowd near-automatic teller machines, it is wise to find a human teller. Once you find the teller, stand in the queue and wait for your turn.
- Place Bet: Now, you need to place the bet. Keep the money in your hand. After that, you need to know the order to place the bet. Here is the order. First, you need to tell the racetrack and race number. After that, you need to tell the amount of the bet followed by the type of bet and horse’s program number. For example, Churchill Downs, race two, $4 to win on #8.
- Get Ticket: After place the bet, you need to hand over the money to the teller. In return, the teller will give you the ticket. You need to keep the ticket safe in order to claim the winning money.
These are the simple steps you need to follow for offline horse racing betting.