People who have asthma may develop asthma attacks at times. The situation can be fatal as the airways become constrict and people cannot take sufficient breaths. Lungs do not receive necessary oxygen, and this makes people out of breath. It is very significant to take care of yourself and abide by the schedule you and your doctor has framed. You can use a Ventolin evohaler to ease symptoms like chest tightness, breathlessness, and coughing. However, never feel shy to seek medical help if your symptoms become uncontrollable.
How does an asthma attack symptomize?
The symptoms of a severe asthma condition are-
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble breathing
A meek asthma attack may fade away within some minutes. However, a severe attack may stay for some hours and sometimes do not get relieved with medications.
When do you get an asthma attack?
If you have this lung disease, you should know when you may have an asthma attack. It will help you prevent worsening your condition before it appears. The warning symptoms may include the following-
- You are falling in need to use inhaler frequently
- Symptoms are snatching your night sleep
- The occurrence of asthma symptoms have become more recurrent and disturbing your everyday tasks
Symptoms like chest tightness, coughing, and shortness of breath can be relieved with Ventolin evohaler. However, in case of emergency, seek instant medical help.
When should you seek medical help for asthma?
If you have the following condition, it is a warning sign that you need immediate medical assistance-
- Trying hard to breath
- No relief after using the inhaler
- Breathlessness that is worsening quickly
- Fingers and lips that have acquired a blue or grey color
- You cannot speak clearly because of shortness of breath
Let your family, friends, and loved ones know what to do if your symptoms worsen. Keep the contact number of your healthcare provider on your phone so that they can call them up whenever you fall into an emergency.
What can put you at risk of asthma attack death?
- Deprived liver function
- Put on the ventilator because of asthma in the past years
- Non-obedience of asthma treatment schedule
- Had severe asthma attacks previously and faced hospitalization in case of emergencies
People who are more prone to deaths induced by the severe condition are-
- Women are more likely to die because of asthma than men
- African American groups are twice or thrice more likely to die from the severe asthma condition than other ethnic groups
- WHO says low-income countries face more asthma-induced deaths
- Elderly people are more likely to face asthma attack death
How do you prevent an asthma attack?
Preventive steps can lend you a hand in avoiding severe asthma conditions. You can ask your doctor for the same. However, you can also consider the following steps to prevent worsening your condition-
- Know the triggers of asthma
- Prevent yourself from flu
- Take your medications on time
- Prevent yourself from allergies
- Always take your Ventolin evohaler (inhaler) with you
Taking care of yourself, following the asthma treatment schedule, taking your medications on time, and practicing some self-relieving techniques for asthma can help avoid emergency cases. For more information, consult with your doctor.