Health is wealth. That is very much true even if the pandemic did not come to exist. You probably know that, too. However, as we get busy with our everyday life, we tend to forget to check our health. Yet, that is not enough reason for us to neglect our health and not get a medical checkup in Singapore.
Well, that is only okay if we were still living a hundred year ago, whereas it takes days for us to call a doctor and get us checked. However, that is not the case today. Now, we have more doctors and clinics throughout the country, and they are much more capable and skilled than generations ago.
Also, going to a medical aesthetic clinic in Singapore would only take a few minutes and voila! You already get yourself checked, and you would be able to get the result on the same. So, that is not an excuse for you not to get one, at least once a year. Well, to further convince you to undergo one, let us explain what it is and what you can expect.
What is a medical checkup?
It is a procedure that the doctor does to check your health, physically and mentally. As a result, you would be able to live a much healthier life. However, going once is not enough. You have to undergo one as frequently as possible since the human body changes all the time.
What else are the reasons why should you undergo one?
- Reduce your chance of getting sick.
- While we look okay, that does not guarantee that we are. You see, our human body and mind work differently, You might think you are fit and fine, but there are underlying symptoms that you are probably not so sure about. That is what a medical checkup does. It screens our body and mind inside out. That way, we could avoid getting sick.
- Prevent potentially life-threatening disease.
- It does since you would be able to get to know the early symptoms of the disease you may have. For example, a mammogram allows you to check if you have breast cancer. This procedure enables you to see if you have any lump around your breast.
- Help you improve your health.
- Exercising and eating a balanced diet can indeed keep us healthy. That is for sure. However, that is not always the case. Sometimes, no matter how healthy we think we are, we can still get sick. Thus, the only one who can tell we are okay inside out is a doctor that monitors our health.
- Get updated on what new procedure is available.
- Once you undergo a medical checkup in Singapore, you will get to ask your doctor if there any latest treatment you can get if you were to get this or that type of illness. In short, you can fact check what you have researched so far.
How often should you get one?
There is not exactly the right number of medical checkups, but you should get at least one each year. A physical examination would allow you to know whether you are healthy. However, if you have a particular condition, you have to ask your doctor since it depends on each case.
What can you expect at a medical checkup?
Besides filling out the form about your personal information, you have to change your clothes into their hospital gown. After that, they would measure your weight and height. While doing so, they would be asking you a few questions, such as your hobby and daily routine. As for other procedures, it depends on what medical checkup you get. However, expect that it would take an entire day to finish all of it. Sometimes, you also need to come back some other day for another lab test.
What are the recommended checks for men and women?
Apart from checking your age, family history, daily routine, and undergoing some lab tests, they would ask you to get the following. More so, if you are at the age of 35 and above. You see, these conditions are much more common for older people which is why doctors recommend them.
- Pap smear
- Pelvic examination
- Osteoporosis evaluation
- Prostate cancer examination
- Testicular cancer test
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm examination
For both men and women
- Cholesterol screening
- Diabetes mellitus
- HVI test
- Syphilis examination
- Hepatitis A, B, & C
How to prepare yourself for a medical checkup?
- Get enough sleep the day before your schedule.
- Bring your medical records, including your old and current medications.
- Prepare a list of questions you are curious to know about your health.
- Rely on all the symptoms you are experiencing.
- Show the names of the doctors and hospitals who treated you before.
- Check if your health card has an alliance with their facility and doctors.
No matter what health screening promotion you get, make sure to prepare all of these following. That way, you can get the most out of your checkup. Also, be sure you would wear something comfortable.
Have you had your medical checkup in Singapore this year yet?
If not, then make sure to get one at Thomson Wellth Clinic before the year ends. You never know you might prevent something that is supposed to happen. Besides, if you want to stay healthy at all times, make sure to get your health check. So, what are you waiting for? Go to their website today and find out when you could get yourmedical checkup in Singapore!
Were you convinced why you should undergo one each year? Well, then share it with your family and friends so they could get their health check. Let them know that getting a medical checkup in Singapore could help them stay healthy at all times!