Every day there are more who choose a vegetarian or vegan diet looking for a healthier lifestyle, for animal rights or for their concern for the environment, but do you really know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan?
- There is a cliché that vegans only eat vegetables and that they are against meat eaters for not thinking like them. This idea is false, since within the vegetarian diet, there are many different types of concepts and lifestyles, as is also the case with vegans.
- Vegan diets are much more strict and restrictive than vegetarian diets. Therefore, it could be said that all vegans are vegetarians, but not all vegetarians are vegan.
Capsules are the preferred way for many people to take their medications and supplements. Not only do they have little, if any, flavor, they also dissolve easily in the gut and are easy for the manufacturer to fill. Compared to other ways of taking drugs, the capsules are not affected by the formulation and therefore do not impact the effectiveness of the content. Making use of the iherb hk promo code is also important when you make the purchase of the capsules.
The main ingredient in vegetarian capsules is cellulose. It is of plant origin and there is no known possible healthy risk even if taken for long periods, since it is not toxic.
Being a vegetarian is not a new phenomenon, much less a fad. The vegetarian eating style was characteristic of the primates that were part of our evolutionary scale and has accompanied us throughout history in the diets of historical figures such as Pythagoras.
Thanks to him, we have the first documentation on vegetarian food since he based his diet on cereals, bread, honey, fruits and other plant products.
However, later on, a looser trend began to develop among his disciples, including dairy products.
In an official way, vegetarianism was understood as a choice in the 19th century in the West and today more and more people are joining this type of diet.
Vitamin B12 is also called cobalamin. It is a water-soluble vitamin that performs a multitude of functions in our body:
- Contributes to the maintenance of neurons and blood cells.
- It favors the synthesis and regulation of DNA (or genetic material).
- Cooperates in the metabolism of amino acids, fatty acids and carbohydrates.
Did you know that its origin is not animal, but bacterial? Thinking that vegetarians need to be especially attentive to the contribution of this vitamin, our initial suspicion may be that it is in animals, however, it is not. Using the iHerb Indonesia Promo Code is important in this case.
Vitamin B12 is synthesized thanks to the fact that animals consume food contaminated by bacteria that synthesize this vitamin.
Supplementation is recommended when either of these two factors occurs:
- The diet is not sufficient in this vitamin.
- There are problems of absorption of vitamin B-12 and although we provide it through the diet, our body is not able to assimilate it properly.
More specifically, this can happen in people:
- Who follow a strict vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Who have a vegetarian diet with insufficient consumption of dairy, eggs or fortified foods.
- With absorption problems caused by: a gastric resection, or the secretion of reduced stomach juices (as usually happens in the case of elderly people) or any other digestive problem and the doctor advises taking the supplement of this vitamin.
- With other digestive disorders that can reduce the absorption of this vitamin is celiac disease or Crohn’s disease.
Who frequently take medications that hinder its absorption such as some stomach protectors.